AUFTRAG is a group of Filipinos trained in various programs held in Germany with special focus on education, trade and investment promotions, environmental management and local governance. For the past three years, AUFTRAG has been actively involved in the implementation of the flagship programs of the Southeast Asia Green Network (SEAG-N) as one of its founding members.
In August 2000, Carl Duisberg Gesellschaft (CDG) laid down the road map for the establishment of local alumni chapters of former German scholarship holder, particularly from CDG to Deutsche Stiftung für Internationale Entwicklung (DSE). The alumni association was envisioned to serve as local partner of CDG in the promotion of peace, crisis prevention, conflict management, poverty alleviation, sustainable development of the environment and other global thrusts.
The strategic importance of an independent alumni association in the Visayas-Mindanao area came to be better appreciated by former German scholars in the Visayas and Mindanao. AUFTRAG was formed on the 7th of April 2003, with the endorsement of CDG Regional Director, Dr. Peter Mueller-Rockstoh.
AUFTRAG like the other 77 alumni associations around the world, supports Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)’s activities at the local level. The organization runs its own training programs and organizes cultural and social events.
AUFTRAG an internationally recognized service provider and a dynamic, responsive and multi-disciplinary group of professionals working towards sustainable development.
We, AUFTRAG members, commit ourselves to continuing professional development and providing excellent service with integrity and professionalism to the communities we serve.
- To facilitate the continuing professional development of its members and its partner institutions in their fields of interest and specialization.
- To promote the values of integrity, professionalism, and service to community and country.
- To strengthen the leadership, managerial and technical skills of its members through the conduct of capability-building programs and facilitation of community-based projects.
- To conceptualize, organize, and implement community based projects related to research, technical training, and pertinent capability enhancement programs that will promote sustainable development.
- To network with other professional organizations and institutions that promote sustainable development.
You can be a/an:
- All Filipino nationals trained in Germany either for technical, academic, or project related training programs and seminars under the following German programs, but not limited to, Carl Duisberg Gessellschaft (CDG), DSE, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), German Technical Service (GTZ), InWEnt (Capacity Building International) and German Development Service (DED). The duration of these training programs may range from short courses to long-term training and seminars held in Germany.
- Filipino scholars trained in Germany who reside or work, preferably but not limited to, the Visayas and Mindanao regions.
- All Filipino nationals trained by InWEnt or other German Technical Development Programmes that were conducted outside of Germany
- All Filipino nationals trained on-line or through e-learning training and seminars conducted under the German initiatives.
Please contact us regarding membership and if you want to know more about the organization first before joining, email the coordinator in your area.